Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Dream Sets Sail

Kay Koudele's first book has hit the shelves of Amazon. Kay (otherwise known as "Mom") has written the first part of a trilogy documenting their 4 year journey on a 37 foot sailboat. Leaving from Portland and traveling south Kay and Fred ("Poppa" Koudele) journey south, through Central America, the Panama Canal, traveling through South America and, well... beyond.

I'm not gonna spoil the ending. Yours truly is featured in the book as first mate. Traveling along as crew I spent a lot of time on the boat in harsh seas, battling sickness, mosquitos, sun and salt. I recall some sea monsters too but they only appeared on my night watch.

Now you know where I got the thirst for adventure. Thanks mom and dad.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks to you, Toots! It was great fun sharing the adventure with you- well, not always fun, but you made us appreciate the sunset more!

    ReplyDelete